Thursday 3 November 2011

Clavicle and Scapula Rotations: Draft 01

Ok Clavicle rotations. How do I explain this!

The idea of the experiment this week is arm articulations to see the change in the scapula and clavicle along with the muscles around them.

The sculpt is in 5 parts:

0- Degrees which is what you see here
45,90 135 and 180 degrees are the other poses I will sculpt to show how the scapula moves and rotates as the arms are raised.

What I will learn from this will be how muscles react to these movements and see how the body changes as the arms move upwards. So I will have to pay attention to the proportions of the chest as it will stretch as arms are raised. Also its a good practice to refine a torso as I can bring what I have learnt from last week to this weeks sculpt.

Here is is! well the first pass at the 0 degrees sculpt. This will be on the base layer so the details be consistent throughout the rest of the poses.

Also you can see I have start to echorche my work, so I can see where I'm going wrong and areas that need adjusting:

In yellow show the trapezius, I feel its abit to uniformed and needs shape as the trapezius is a large muscle that grasps on to many areas of the scapula and I want to try show this as it gives off different definition to  the surface in the different areas.

Green! yes green is areas that need smoothing. Im am trying to get away from the over modelling problem so taking a moment to just look has helped me to not do that, so green is the areas I need to smooth out as he is looking abit hulk like at the moment.

Red, the general shape of the abs seems off and oddly proportioned so I will try address that.

Finally blue is just to locate I have placed my landmarks of the clavicle and the scapula!

No comments:

Post a Comment