Sunday 6 November 2011

Why does this help me in the Industry?

Thought I would take a moment to explain why I feel this is great for my development of being a modeller. First thing is that I am understanding the anatomy of a human, I want to be able to sculpt realistic characters with the correct forms, as there are films out there that have terrible anatomy and it makes things look out of place.

Also the more modelling side is I can learn about topology and where to place my edge flow to relate to the landmarks of the human body as they are the areas we don't want to move as they are bone!

This exercise I'm doing this week also shows something thats becoming huge. Displacement correctives! The idea is the rigger can pose character in say arms raise 180 degrees, and the sculpture/modeller will sculpt the displacement that relates to the pose! so this week is a great example of how thats done and why this is getting to practice adjusting a modelling for different poses.

Finally its another thing I know and bring into my work. The idea of learning about figure sculpting gives me the chance to develop other things that production models.

No comments:

Post a Comment