Tuesday 29 November 2011

Final Post

What Have I done on this project and What have I learnt?

During this project I feel I have really pushed myself to get the most of out, I have learnt so much. I have been able to take a lot of theory knowledge and research a step further and really get into it by using it to breakdown images into a great resource to me when going into 3D. Also I have concentrated on some of the most complex sections of the body. I'm afraid I ran out of time to do the feet but the face itself is something that would be a completely different topic as theres a whole new subject to learn when sculpting faces.

I have learnt that form is something that really matters in sculpting. Getting the right form between each muscle and the variation between them. Also the relationship between the boney and muscle landmarks, the hand was a good example of something that I really had to learn how to show that.

How has it Helped me?
The whole process has helped me really get to grips with areas I needed to learn as well as the techniques needed to develop posed models or even models for production (corrective displacements or concept sculpts). Early in the blog I post about what areas I really think will help me.

Whats next?
I plan to keep doing experiments like this constantly and trying to vary the pose or the sculpt so I try new things. Also for bigger use, I want to start developing my own full sculpted figures to really capture a pose, emotion or look of the human form. Even take my knowledge to develop creatures with some anatomical thought behind them.



Has been an amazing project to work on and has taught me that these small tests really help development and progress for the bigger tasks as full body!

No comments:

Post a Comment