Thursday 13 October 2011

Books Resources



Below are images showing the two books I have found & will use to learn about Anatomy and ideas on how to improve on my knowledge such as different techniques I could use to develop with.

First book is "Figure Drawing: Design and Invention" by Michael Hampton. This book is about getting form and Anatomy in your drawings. The idea is breaking down the figure into shapes and to start of simple by capturing the form, contours and deformation muscles and bones create on the surface.

I can use this book as a great start to maybe start to develop my own drawings before I get into 3D, so I can already develop a pose with basic structure before I get modelling.


Also the taking the idea of drawings further and into more a technical way, these images show to develop the idea of placements of muscles and bones with drawings, even in 3D this can be done. 

I have learnt about Landmarks, which are boney placements you see on the surface on the skin. These are a way to start developing your muscles as you can start to sculpt from the landmarks as you know what muscles start where based on them.

The two images show this well how this is useful because you can see what muscles will move where when the arm is moved/raised. The bottom image shows this well and the muscles all based off of the Clavicle (collar bone) and how the peck muscles attach to the arm.

I will be using this book more to try develop my own breakdowns and how to look at my sculpts/drawings in a more technical way.








The Artistic Anatomy by Dr Paul Richer as most likely been the best reference book I have ever bought! it has everything I am learning and using as reference for the bones, landmarks and muscle insertion points.

Sorry about the poor images but alot of the points and information I will give about the body will be from this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment